Saturday, August 5, 2006

New Baby in the Family

I have a new niece! Her name is Sarah Catherine, and she was born to Paul's brother and sister-in-law, Steve and Sandra. It's Sandra's first baby (Steve has two children from his first marriage), and it's really a wonderful thing because she has endometriosis and wasn't expected to be able to carry a baby.

The baby was born today by c-section. They went in because her water broke and the hospital kept her and put her on pitocin, because she wasn't having any contractions yet. Then they found out that the baby was breech and took her in for a C-section. I could comment here about the over-medicalization of births, but....it's my new baby niece, and I think I shall refrain for the moment.

No, really. I went on to write more but just deleted it. I'll save it for another day. For today: welcome to the world, baby Sarah Catherine!

3 comments:

karrie said...

Congratulations! :)

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that is awesome is wonderful! congratulations to your family.

speaking of kidlets -- look at that cutie pie above! :o)

Mimi said...

Welcome! Many Years! I love new babies, I hope you get to see her soon!