Friday, October 21, 2005

visitor paths

I have statcounter on my blog, and I can see where, in general, people are finding my blog. I laughed yesterday morning when I found that someone had done an MSN search on _san francisco throws her 3 kids in the lake_ (no quotes). (This was the first of many similar searches, it would turn out....) I wondered what in the world that was about! Then I opened the paper and I wasn't laughing anymore. In case you haven't heard yet, there was a young mom in Oakland who told her family that she was going to feed her children to the sharks, and then drove them to the bay and threw them in. Only one body has been found (as of whenever this morning's Chronicle was printed).

There were more details today. The family knew she was unfit to care for these kids. She had schizophrenia, and didn't always take her medication. They had called social services and begged them to evaluate her case. Social services told them she wasn't insane, and there was nothing they could do.

Now there are three kids dead, and one locked-up childless mother. What a way to deal with problems.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy! May those beautiful children's Memory be Eternal.