Friday, October 14, 2005

Announcement

Dear Friends, Family, Acquaintances, and People Who Just Stumbled Across This Blog,

I have an announcement to make. It's a good announcement! Our family is being transferred to Portland, Oregon! Paul will be the senior priest of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church. It's official now, and will be announced in the church this Sunday. The only hitch is that the date of December 1 is contingent on the successor to Paul's job here being able to be here by then.

We are all so excited! We visited Portland in June, which is how I began this blog, by posting our vacation pictures. We loved the city we already know a lot of wonderful people who live in Portland. We love San Francisco, but we've known it's not a permanent situation for us, and so if we must leave San Francisco, I am so glad it's for Portland.

I suppose my blog name will have to change to Portland Family or somesuch.

9 comments:

Huw Richardson said...

Sure... I stumble across your blog and you move...

Hi! I just found the blog. Used to live in SF, now I live in Asheville, NC. Many prayers for your move: I look forward to reading more.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Dawn! It is exciting!

Glad you like my blog, Huw Raphael. I assure you that my blog will be just as easy for you to find when we live in Portland as it is now. :-)

Jennifershmoo said...

WOO HOO!!

Mimi said...

I'm only 105 miles north of Portland, you know? Hopefully this means Dawn and I will roadtrip down your way once you get settled!

Congratulations to Father Paul and to all of you!

Christina said...

Hi.. I just stumbled across your blog:) And I live in Portland. We attend St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church (Fr. Theodore is our priest). I grew up attending Holy Trinity. May God bless you in your move.

Elizabeth said...

I'll be so glad to meet Dawn, Mimi, and Christina! And, of course, see Jennifer again after all these years.

Christina--I have never been to St. John the Baptist, but I know Fr. Ted and Stacy. Stacy helped me through a hard time once....I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them and St. John the Baptist church, too. I've begun to poke through your blog, too. Resonating with some things!

existentialist said...

Hi Elizabeth, and I was so excited to discover an Orthodox mommy blogger in my area! Do you know of any other ones?

Elizabeth said...

Hi, Olympiada! Welcome! I've been looking some at your blog. I'm finding it very interesting--you bring up a lot of difficult issues. I haven't been able to immediately deduce where you're at, though. San Francisco? Portland?

I'm bookmarking your blog.

layne (herman) said...

an early welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

if you all are ever in Walla Walla be sure to visit us at St. Silouan's.