Friday, October 21, 2005

My Wonderful Kids!

My children astonished me yesterday!

They aren't usually the kind of kids who just *love* to help out around the house. (Are there any real kids like that?) But yesterday our dishwasher backed up--it wouldn't drain. After dinner I told the kids that since we don't have a working dishwasher, I really needed their help washing the dishes. I expected to have to nag and cajole, but instead they said "sure! That'll be fun!" We all went into the kitchen and they helped me until every last thing was cleaned up! Then Zac continued in the "being helpful" vein--after I put him to bed, he came back out to help me fold laundry. (What was I going to do, say 'no, you can't help fold laundry, you have to go to bed'?) After we were done with the laundery, he worked at straightening up my room! He made our bed (we don't usually make beds around here) and when Paul and I went to bed, we found sweet notes on our pillows, one marked DAD and one marked MOM. They said "good nit dad (or mom) love zac". I just about melted! What great kids I have.

3 comments:

Jennifershmoo said...

That's so sweet!

Mimi said...

(What was I going to do, say 'no, you can't help fold laundry, you have to go to bed'?) Truer words rarely are spoken!

What a sweetie you have! Good nit indeed!

existentialist said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful. What's your husband's name so I can tell Father Paul?