Friday, March 2, 2007

Foodie Meme

I was tagged by Karrie to do a foodie meme. I was also tagged by Monica to do a post on the influential women in my life, but I'm still putting some thought into that one and I'll post it when I'm ready. This one can be put out there quickly!

1. What’s your #1 comfort food? Hmm....just one....I guess I'd have to say pasta, with butter and parmesan cheese, or with pesto. (That counts as just one, right?)

2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? Umm...again, just one? I suppose I'd want something that'd keep well, and I guess we're talking about warm weather? Those don't go together very well. Oh, I'll say soup with lots of greens. And ice cream.

3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?) Pastitsio would definitely be one--you can find the recipe on my food blog. My homemade pizza is awfully good. Tomato soup! My favorite "signature" dishes are all summer-time dishes.

4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for…Maybe a quick stir-fry with whatever veggies I have in the fridge, that left-over tofu and rice. Or use the same stuff and toss it with the Chinese noodles I keep in the freezer. Or, go get some good French or Italian bread and have bruschetta with seasonal vegetables. Or, take the same veggies in the fridge and make a stew.

5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Cheese. It goes with everything.

6. What food can you absolutely not eat? Fast food. Meat of any kind. Mass-produced glop.

7. You need a drink. You grab a….glass of red wine, if it's in the evening. Or a cup of chai or English Breakfast tea with honey and milk.

8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? I suppose it'd be a tie between creme brulee, in Paris (or at home) and the chocolate souffles I make from the Joy of Cooking.

9. What’s your favorite type of food? Indian.

10. Favorite dish? Saag Paneer (since I'm thinking Indian now)

11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? Chez Panisse in Berkeley. We went there for my birthday once, and it was divine! Or Greens in San Francisco. Oh, or Chow in San Francisco. Yum.

12. Are you a soup or salad person? I hardly ever make salad at home. I make lots of soups. In restaurants I often opt for the salad, if I'm not sure if the ingredients in a soup are vegetarian, or if I won't be getting many veggies otherwise.

13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant? Sit-down. If I'm going out, I like to be served and not have to do a lot of running all over the place. My family really likes getting take-out and eating in front of a good movie, but I'd much prefer to sit down in a nice restaurant.

14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? I think it'd have to be the meal I blogged about on my cooking blog, when I had my extended family over for dinner and I made, like, 5 dinners all at once.

15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? Yes. My family thinks so too!

16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? Yup.

17. Who’s your favorite TV cook? I never watch TV cooks.

18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Um...LeighAnn from church. She works for Fred Meyer and I know she's on TV. (I don't know how she is on TV, but I do know she's a fantastic cook!) Nigella Lawson? Isn't she on TV? Emil, the BAM! guy--I've heard about him from my mother-in-law.

19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade, all the way.

20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag:
Melisa, Lisa and Vicki.

2 comments:

karrie said...

MMmmmmm! I'm going to look for the pastitsio recipe. Yum!

Thanks for playing. :)

Mimi said...

Ooooh, I agree - you are a very good cook. And, now I'm hungry!