Wednesday, November 1, 2006

house

Okay, Mimi, I think you were right! Just when I was getting the most discouraged about house hunting was right before we were to find what's probably the most perfect house we could find. It's actually a LOT nicer than I thought we'd ever have! The inside has been thoroughly remodeled and looks like a new house, even though the house was built in 1922. It's in a pretty good location, though still further from the church than we wanted. But still, it's in an area with lots of resources--a big park and community center with a swimming pool within walking and biking distance, library a mile away, New Seasons (nice locally owned grocery store) a mile away. A MAX station is just a couple of blocks away, which will take us directly into downtown or to the airport or to the Hollywood district or whatever. Can you tell we're excited? The compromises seem like the right set of compromises to make. I looked at the demographics for the neighborhood last night, and it's 45% non-Caucasion. One thing I've really missed about San Francisco is the diversity. Well, there's diversity!

I have to add that April is the one who found this house. She came through for us this time!

We'll probably make a decision within the next day or two, as to whether to make an offer.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Whohoooooo! I knew it! Best wishes to you as you make this decision, and you know if you need to bounce anything off me, I'm here!

Susan said...

I will keep my fingers crossed Elizabeth. It is so fun to find just the right house.

architect said...

Wonderful that you are house hunting, and found something you like in an area you like!! What style is it? I so miss my 1925 bungalow! It was turning out so cute. =( (but i don't miss utah)
Will your parents come help you give it the sniff test? When I see them Saturday can I mention this?
Amazing reading - your past week of posts!! Now I know why I can't post the easy way any more. It does take an angry/frustrated person to post angry comments - compassion on both sides is a worthy goal. (but you know that!)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone!

Libby, this one's a 1922 bungalow. It looks like a new house inside, though--it's that much remodeled.

Yeah--you can mention it to my parents. I've emailed them about it. But they're too far away to help out with choosing it....I would ask them any questions if we got to a tough spot, though.