Thursday, May 25, 2006

Chocolate Panini

And then I have to tell you about what we had for breakfast. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a picture of it, and it's *gone* now. :-)

Thanks to Jess for letting me know about the big farmer's market downtown on Wednesdays (I guess it's even bigger on Saturdays, but I won't be able to make it there most Saturdays, and the Wednesday one was certainly sufficient). We went last Wednesday and yesterday, and I think we have a Thursday morning breakfast tradition. :-)

Last week when we went, Hibi spotted the Pearl Bakery booth. "What's chocolate panini, and is it vegan?" she asked me. I had no idea what it was, but looking at it I told her I was almost certain it couldn't possibly be vegan. Well, she went over and asked, and they told her it is vegan! We bought one and shared it, and it was SO GOOD. We went back and bought four for breakfast, and I think we'll do that every Wednesday. We all thought it had a similar taste to the pain au chocolat we fell in love with when we went to Paris, which is decidedly NOT vegan. But the panini is more substantive. We enjoyed it this morning with cream cheese and blood oranges.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wow! That does sound good.

I love panini.