Monday, April 10, 2006

Pasta with Kale, Garbanzoes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Olives

This recipe came out of my own head, and I thought it was quite scrumptious.

Here's how I made it:

I started a big pot of water on to boil. I threw in a big handful of dry sun-dried tomatoes (not the kind packed in oil) to soften. Then I chopped a colander full of kale, oh, probably a bit over a quart. I chopped half a small jar of olives and sliced two cloves of garlic. I sliced a small portion of a big red onion (but I'll probably use more next time).

Then I heated a large saute pan and put olive oil in it--a generous amount. I cooked the onion in it, over low-ish heat until it was nice and brown and kind of caramelized. Then I added the garlic, cooked for a couple minutes, then added the kale. I remembered I had some frozen garbanzoes and added about a cup of them.

About this time I took the tomatoes out of the water and when the water came to a boil I added a 10 oz. bag of ribbon noodles. I chopped the tomatoes into slices.

When the kale was cooked down I put in the olives and the tomatoes and maybe 1/3 cup of red wine. Then salt (but not too much, because of the olives) and pepper.

When the noodles were done I drained them and added them to the vegetables. Here's the result!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Yum! That looks wonderful.