Tuesday, April 18, 2006

chanting

I got an astonishing phone call this afternoon. It was from someone from the parish who is getting married in August, and she heard Hibi and me chanting and she wants us to chant for her wedding! I feel so honored! She even said she'd pay us if we wanted, or make a donation to the church. I didn't even know what to say to that, but I suppose since Hibi is definitely on the "pay us" side, I'll have to go for that. :-) I've never been paid for my chanting before! And what a great opportunity for both Hibi and me.

6 comments:

Jennifershmoo said...

Congratulations -- that is so cool! I remember you having a lovely singing voice way back when; it's nice to hear that Hibi is following in your footsteps!

Mimi said...

Wonderful news! I can't imagine a more wonderful chanter at a wedding! Congratulations.

Mimi said...

Chanters, that is.

Laurie said...

how wonderful! wish i could hear you two

Xenia Kathryn said...

Yeah, I hope I can hear you two sing one of these days! That's really neat :) Also, thanks for the Paska recipe. I am entertaining thoughts of baking it... but who knows. I love this bread!

Susan said...

I would love to hear you chant!
Lets hear it for women chanters!!!
Nice for Hibi too!