Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Dawn. :-)

So, here goes:

Four jobs you have had in your life:

1. Babysitter--starting at age 12. My mom did daycare most of my growing-up years, so I always had plenty of customers for folks who needed someone to sit in the evenings.
2. Fruit packer--the job that earned a good bit of money in high school. I did piece work, so if I could work fast, without packing crud that the inspector would bring back to me, I could earn quite a bit.
3. House cleaner--I did this in college. I worked for an agency, where I earned 1/3 of the amount that the agency charged the individual. That sucks.
4. Day care provider--both in a preschool and doing home day care.

Four movies you could watch over and over:

1. Benny and Joon--my very favorite. We watched it about 6 times in the theater when it came out. That was just before I was pregnant with Hibi, who caused a moratorium on going out to movies!
2. Return to Me--I cry every time I see this movie.
3. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Saw it twice in the theater and now I have the DVD on order so I can watch it over and over!
4. Can't think of a fourth that would fit this description, but I did like Amelie. Liked it better the second time I saw it.

Four Places you have lived:

1. Reedley, CA (near Fresno)
2. El Cajon, CA (San Diego county)
3. Boston
4. San Francisco

4 TV shows you love to watch:

We don't watch TV at home (except for one recent lapse in our vow of no TV at home....) But here are ones we watch when we're staying in a hotel:
1. Law and Order
2. Umm...I can't remember any others that are current
3. During the two months we were staying in someone else's condo in Florida, we watched Mystery! on PBS
4. Our recent lapse was Book of Daniel, which we wanted to watch and Paul went to the trouble to figure out that yes, we can get TV channels on our TV that has no antennae or cable attachment! We'll probably rue that day.

Four places you've been on vacation:

1. My favorite--Paris!
2. Mexico--Copper Canyon Railroad--another favorite
3. The year after we married, we took our Tour of the Western United States, including California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and Arizona. All in two weeks. I don't know what we were thinking. We certainly didn't SEE anything.
4. Bakersfield. No, just kidding, but that's where we said we'd have to vacation the year after we went to Paris, since that one was so expensive. Okay, so last year we went to Patrick's Point homeschool campout, in Northern CA for part of our vacation, and to Portland for the rest of it. :-)

Four Websites you visit daily:

I think this is supposed to not include blogs.....since I've started blogging, mostly what I look at is blogs! But here's some that I like:

1. SFGate
2. Google--I definitely use that one daily
3. Can't think of any more.

Four of your favorite foods:

1. Pastitsio
2. Pasta with pesto and fresh summer tomatoes
3. Choice Liquorice Peppermint tea
4. Stir-fried very fresh vegetables over rice

Four Places you would rather be right now:

I really like where I am right now. But here are some places I'd love to go:
1. Italy
2. Paris again
3. San Francisco again
4. New York City

Four Bloggers you are tagging:

1. Jennifer
2. Christina
3. LaDonna (Though I don't know if she's the meme type....)
4. Laurie

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Bwahahahaahahaha! Love the Bakersfield comment.

Love pesto myself too!

Benny and Joon is definitely an awesome movie, I don't own it, I should pick it up.

Susan said...

I love pastichio too. The best comfort food:)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Questions answered!

Christina said...

Katie tagged me, too, so I did it:)