Wednesday, January 25, 2006

music

Mimi's always talking about the music she's listening to, so I'll brag that we're going to the Indigo Girls concert on Thursday! We've all been to one before, and Hibi and I went to hear Amy Ray last year in San Francisco. This one is a fund-raiser for Habitat for Humanity, and they're doing something about Women Building or somesuch. I'll have to find out more about that.

The concert starts at *9 pm* though. We had to really weigh whether we could stay awake for it! Thank goodness that we are all kind of night owls, though Paul's been going to bed at 10 lately.

Indigo Girls is our Very, Very Favorite. We have branched out in the last couple of years, and we now listen to more than just Indigo Girls, like Ani Difranco, U2, Wailin' Jennys, John McCutcheon (he's coming to Portland, too, in April!) and Bruce Cockburn. But Indigo Girls is still our Very Favorite.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oooh, I look forward to hearing the review on Saturday! I haven't really gotten "into" the Indigo Girls, but I was just thinking as I was listening to one of their songs on the radio how much I enjoy them. You'll also have to recommend a good "starter" album.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Where are you seeing them?