Thursday, May 24, 2007

OPF Conference

I'm suddenly thinking, of course I should post about the upcoming Orthodox Peace Fellowship conference on my blog, as there are local people (Susan?) who may be interested in coming, and perhaps people from further away (Mimi? Dawn?) who'd like to come. "Upcoming" is an overstatement--it starts tomorrow! Sorry for the late notice.

The Orthodox Peace Fellowship is an organization of Orthodox Christians who are interested in discussing ways of waging peace in our parishes, communities, nations, and the world. This year's conference is themed "Living Peacefully, Locally." Speakers will include: David Holden, psychotherapist, who will speak on Living Simply, Locally, and our Global Impact and Renee Zitzloff, who is the coordinator of the Minnesota OPF chapter, who will speak on Local Chapters and Community Development. And my own dear husband, Fr. Paul Schroeder, will speak on Friday evening on Holy Simplicity: St. Basil the Great and the Ethic of Sustainability.

You can see more info about it on the OPF website: www.incommunion.org
The conference will be held in Eagle Creek at this retreat center: http://www.collinsretreatcenter.org/

And I am the newly appointed regional coorditor for the conference! So you can email me at mamaelizabeth@earthlink.net if you'd like to come and I'll sign you up. :-) The day rate is $50 which includes the Friday evening Vespers and talk, and the Saturday talks and workshops plus lunch. You can also purchase dinner separately on Friday and/or Saturday nights if you wish. The full conference rate, to stay at the retreat center for the weekend including meals, is $250.

I hope to see some of you there!

4 comments:

DebD said...

This sounds like a very nice conference. Hope you get a lot out of it.

Mimi said...

Oh man, our Parish Chapel in the foothills Feast Day is Pentecost, so I will miss it.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come, I have to work. :(

Susan said...

Gosh, I would have loved to come. Esp tonight to hear Father Paul!!
Count me in for the next meeting, or whatever.
I am so sorry I missed this!
We are going to Seattle this weekend:(