Tuesday, February 6, 2007

First Egg! and Pajama Pants



Last night I just had a feeling that today was going to be the day we got our first egg.....I just thought it would be the Barred Rock, since she's supposed to be less of a seasonal layer. But today Thelma was nesting all morning, and just now I went out and found this smallish blue egg! It's cracked, though. She pushed aside the wood shavings and laid it on the wood. Maybe I need to get some straw--perhaps that'd be better.


Before we bought our house, I got fabric to make myself some pajama pants. Then all the madness of buying a house and moving and settling got hold of me and the fabric for pajama pants got packed up, along with the sewing machine. Last night I pulled it all out and cut out the pattern on this great pink flannel. My anti-pink daughter cringes at the pink, but I happen to LIKE pink, thank you very much! Besides, I'll just be wearing them to bed. Maybe.

This morning I sewed them up, quick as a wink (almost). They were very easy to make. Cutting out the pattern was the hardest part. And this cloth is *so* comfy! Soft, warm, and (as I mentioned earlier) *pink*. Here it is, 1:30 in the afternoon, and I am wearing them. I'm about to head to the library and so I'll change. Maybe. :-)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

congratulations on the egg and the pajamas! If you're interested, our successors in the MCC program in Qom, Iran, are heading out this week and have started a blog at http://quakersinqom.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Elizabeth, I like pink, too. Hailey, however, does not. My theory is that she had her childhood quota of pink between the ages of 4 and 8 and thus will not be able to like pink until sometime nearer adulthood! Nice pjs. I need to get my machine out too.

Susan said...

woohoo on your egg!!!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

way to go sewing up perfectly pink pj's! i can sew, but nothing that i could ever wear (even to bed), i have to stick to quilts, napkins, & puppets! :o)

Unknown said...

As a matter of fact I've been to a countries with socialized medicine. We have a dear friend who has suffered through socialized medicine. Yes, the insurance companies are making out big time but socialized medicne and more government is NOT the answer.

By the way...guess what we have common ground...I LOVE chickens. Make sure you get them a red light next winter so they'll keep laying in the winter. :)

Mimi said...

Congratulations! On both the yummy looking first egg, and the beautiful and warm pink pjs! I like pink very much myself.

karrie said...

The egg is so pretty! I don't think I could eat it.

I have a little pajama habit here. Pajamas are to me what shoes are to many other women.