Friday, October 20, 2006

Life Soundtrack

WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK TO YOUR LIFE BE?
Christina posted this....then Dawn did.....it seems corny but some of the responses are pretty uncanny so I thought I'd try it.

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't LieThis is Christina's suggestion, unless you really really hate the song (in which case why is it in your library eh), listen to each one all the way thru as it plays. You might just hear something interesting about yourself you weren't expecting.

Opening Credits: Clampdown--Indigo Girls

Waking Up: I Don't Wanna Talk About It--Indigo Girls (oops, it wasn't on shuffle)

First Day At School: War (Love Will Prevail)--Three5Human

Falling In Love: Trouble--Indigo Girls

Fight Song: Gloria--Michael W. Smith (Christmas album)

Breaking Up: Caught in the Crossfire--John McCutcheon

Prom: Walk to the Water--U2

Life: Blender--Amy Ray

Career: Feast of Fools--Bruce Cockburn

Mental Breakdown: Closer to Fine--Indigo Girls (Paul and I performed this one at the Patrick's Point talent show)

Driving: Memoirs: A Trilogy--Michael W. Smith (really, the only time we listen to this album is at Christmas! It's our favorite Christmas album)

Flashback: Sweetest Thing--U2

Getting back together: Endless Deep--U2

Wedding: Oh My Soul Arise--I think this was from Frederica Matthews Green, from her church during Holy Week, put on my computer years ago

Birth of Child: All the Diamonds--Bruce Cockburn

Midlife Crisis: Cold as Ice--Indigo Girls

Final Battle: Wild Rose of the Mountain--John McCutcheon

Death Scene: Dirt and Dead Ends--Indigo Girls

Funeral Song: Vertigo--U2

End Credits: Green Green Grass of Home--Johnny Cash

I'm going to add to this: which songs did you sing along to while the playlist was going? For me it was: I don't wanna talk about it, Sweetest Thing, All the Diamonds, Wild Rose of the Mountain.

Song I wouldn't have recognized as being on my playlist (remember, I share this music library with three other people!)--Endless Deep, even though I love U2.

And I have to admit to not listening all the way through each song. I didn't have time--heh. We all slept in this morning, and here I sit, in my pajamas. I might make it to noon at this rate...I go to get dressed now. :-P

3 comments:

annie said...

I like this one, too. I just finished mine. Fun way to pass some time and listen to some good music. I feel very relaxed now.

DebD said...

Definitely sang along with the Cockburn songs. All the Diamonds is one of my favs.

Elizabeth said...

Yours was good too, Annie! It's funny to see what comes up. But the most uncanny I've seen is my sister-in-law's. You can see it here:
http://ladonnawitmer.com/shesays.php

Hibi also did it so check her blog out, on my links.

Deb--we were introduced to Cockburn's music by All the Diamonds, sung and played by one of the couselors at camp at St. Nicholas Ranch. Though, honestly, I think Darcy did it better than Bruce Cockburn. He could really sing and play.