Thursday, June 22, 2006

More sewing


It didn't take me TOO long to get back to sewing! Actually, I've had to carve out time--between being SO busy and feeling like sitting down and sewing myself something was too much of a luxury. But here's my new pair of pants, done in one day! Yippee!

This cloth is really nice--it's 100% cotton, and it really shrinks down to make a very nice woven, thick cloth. It can be dyed, too! I've already got the dye--we use fabric dye for tie-dyeing. It only came in one color to encourage people to dye it to any wonderful color. For right now I'm going to leave it the nice creamy color it is now.

I used the same pattern as the one I made Hibee's pants with. Great to be able to use the expensive pattern again.

Next up is a nice summer shirt to go with it.

3 comments:

DebD said...

Lovely! My daughter is handy with a needle and thread. She mostly makes Ren. style clothes - some of which she wears during "regular" time.

Anonymous said...

For the record, the cloth she used looked and felt like a blanket.

Mimi said...

Those are really lovely pants!