Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Great local Portland stuff

They've got us hooked now. We went to the Wednesday Portland Farmer's Market today, as we have for several weeks now, but we were about an hour later than usual. And Pearl Bakery only had three chocolate panini left! What's more is that the Hot Lips booth wasn't even there. Maybe they'd already sold out of their scrumptious soda that they brew locally, from fresh local fruit.

So, what else could we do? We stopped by the actual brick-and-mortar Pearl Bakery on the way home to buy another chocolate panini--because if we only had three tomorrow morning there would be hell to pay. We didn't go so far as to stop by Hot Lips Pizza to buy sodas, but then we did just go out to pizza there last Friday night....Good pizza, by the way! Paul and I had one half-and-half, one side was a squash pizza, the other was fresh tomatoes and nuts. Other stuff too--I should have blogged about it then so I could remember. But it was delish. I think I enjoyed that pizza better than any I've had here in Portland. They have blackberry and raspberry soda and their newest, strawberry.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh no, apparently being early is the key!

Sounds yummy, though.

Xenia Kathryn said...

mmm... hot lips! I love their pizza and I've even had their raspberry soda! very good :)