Saturday, May 6, 2006

wildlife in the city

Yesterday morning Paul was outside, and he came in and told us *something* was up in the tree--a big something. We all went out to look. It took us awhile through all the spring foliage, but we finally could see one raccoon, then two raccoons. When Paul first noticed them he thought they were making fighting sounds. But I do believe they were making love sounds instead. Yep, raccoons mating in the tree. When we were all looking at them, they looked back at us and then moved on. A little privacy, please?

After that we went to the Cinco de Mayo festival at Waterfront Park. We saw some dancing, heard great music, saw beautiful costumes, and ate some so-so burritos. I thought perhaps there would be some excitement left over from so many successful rallies on Monday. I mostly didn't see that....except in the kitchen where we ordered our burritos. They were getting swamped with orders, and getting kind of frenzied, and messing up orders (I had to ask, after getting our burritos, for our aguas frescas several times), and in the middle of it I heard "Si, se puede!" I thought that was pretty funny. Yes, we can! get all these orders done!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I like seeing racoons, even if they can be mean. I'm sorry you interrupted them, (giggle).

Cinco De Mayo sounds good.