Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Cordelia and Hibi


Cordelia and Hibi
Originally uploaded by sanfranfamily.
No sleepless night! Cordelia seems to be fitting right in with no adjustment time. I'm in awe. The only other time we've adopted from a shelter, the cat definitely chose us (just like Cordelia) but she cried all night the first night, after hiding behind the books on the bookshelf. This kitty is just curious, and comes right up to us. Doesn't mind us picking her up at all. Last night she was the first to signal that she was tired and ready to settle in for the night--on the couch. All of us had been hoping she'd pick each of us to sleep with, but she chose the couch. Sometime during the night, she did visit each of the kids' rooms, but didn't sleep with anyone. She did stay under Zac's bed for a time, probably because there's a heater vent there.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Congratulations on her not staying up all night!

Laurie said...

sounds like a sweet kitty. great name!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! Have you thought about entering it in a photography contest? It is so intriguing with its play of light and dark, and its captivating composition. Good job!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I love this photo, too, but I hadn't thought of entering it into any contest. If I see any, I'll think about it. I have never considered myself a photographer....but now that I have a digital camera it's fun to play around with it without incurring the expense of film and development, and it's fun for the kids, too.

Anonymous said...

Later I was thinking that it would be neat to see what that artist you blogged about could do with the photograph as a painting. I checked out his website after you posted the link--lovely work. He probably takes commissions. Just a thought. Might make a nice gift for Hibi someday. What a beautiful photograph.