Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Cinepoem

My sister-in-law is a poet. A real one, with a book. She does these things called cinepoems, where it's like a music video but she recites one of her poems along with other stuff going on. They're pretty neat, but her latest one kind of blew me away. You can see Alice is my Middle Name here.

You can check out her other cinepoems on this site, too but I should tell you that LaDonna's dark side is much bigger than mine....or perhaps I should say that her dark side is more overt.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I can see why that "kinda blew you away." Seems like she suffers from depression, or SADD (Christina thought.)
She is very good.
We read her other links.
We need people to view the world differently. It keeps "us" on our toes.
Thank you for sharing.
Susan

Mimi said...

I look forward to reading her poetry.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's LaDonna -- thanks for the links to my work!!

And no, to address Susan's concerns, I am not suffering from depression or SADD. Quite the opposite--I'm extremely well adjusted. I just very much enjoy all shades of black. They make life more interesting.

Glad to hear you liked Alice. She's a very special cinepoem.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was amazing. Just viewed "Alice." Trying to imagine all the coordination and planning that goes into the video production. My interpretation of the poem is time ticking, the aging process, wondering if her life is "on schedule," still striving for her dreams but worried about the dwindling time left.

capi said...

I invite you and your sister, as well as any other intelligent idealists to join Pdx Idealists in Portland (http://pdxidealists.ning.com/). The start-up meeting is open to all, and is free to attend and connect to other idealists. It will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2007, at 3:30p.m. at Central Branch, Multnomah County Library. Please visit our website to register and for more information. I hope to see you soon.