Friday, February 10, 2006

You've gotta be kidding!

I ran a ton of errands today and one was grocery shopping. Now, Portland is a pretty liberal place, and the food co-ops are even more so, in my opinion. At Alberta Co-op I bought, among other things, some French lentils. When I got home and was scanning my receipt, I spotted the lentils listed. But they were called "freedom lentils!" Geez! I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke, which I kind of assume it is.

We also went to Food Fight! the vegan grocery store in SE Portland. I did find vegan spring roll wrappers, which I was asking about on Jennifer Shmoo's blog. Yippee! And they were frozen, so I don't even have to use them up any time soon.

9 comments:

Susan said...

That has to be a joke! I think we are coming to Holy Trinity on Sunday because of the scholarship luncheon.
Susan

Elizabeth said...

Hi, Susan! It'll be great to see you on Sunday. Hibi is dancing at the luncheon! Yes, after that Ahepa dinner where I met you, and she was enjoying dancing so much, she decided to try Greek dance. She loves it!

Mimi said...

I'm sure it is a joke.

(what is a French lentil and how does it differ from a green, or red lentil?).

Congratulations to Hibi on the dancing!

Elizabeth said...

French lentils are smaller, rounder, and in my opinion more tasty. They hold together very nicely when cooked.

Hibi did great dancing yesterday! I was amazed at how much she's learned in just a few weeks. She's really pumped about it, which makes her very motivated. As far as I could tell, I think she only made a few mistakes. But then, as Zac pointed out, I don't Greek dance. ;-)

Christina said...

presv. elizabeth... i'm back in the hospital, most likely for just one night...

Elizabeth said...

Christina--I told your mom yesterday that I'd come visit you if you went back in. My kids have art class right next to St. John's....maybe we could come before art class. Are kids allowed in to see you? You know, I don't even know your last name, which I'd need in order to visit. You're welcome to email me offlist if you want to keep it private at prezeliz@ecosky.com. Or just tell me what room you're in--I know what hospital.

Christina said...

Thank you so much for visiting, I really enjoyed "meeting" you for real! I'm now in the hospital until delivery. The question is, when will I deliver? Thanks again for stopping by....

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Christina....that must be a drag. Did you ever get your blood transfusion? I suppose you've posted it to your blog, so I'll mosey on over there after I finish the post I'm working on here.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Let us know how the spring rolls turn out! Food fight is so cute.