Friday, August 26, 2005

Which Holy Grail character are you?

From the sublime to the ridiculous.....

The other night we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail....Paul and I had watched it a few years ago, because we heard that so many people liked Monty Python. We really just didn't "get it" back then. But recently I was thinking, you know, we've changed, perhaps we'd like it now. So, when I went to the library looking for something good for the whole family, and Holy Grail popped out at me, and I even saw that it's rated PG, I brought it home. (If I was a tiny bit more squeamish, I would have really balked at the mentions of oral sex and bondage, with the kids watching....) The kids thought it was the sillyest thing ever, and thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did we! And duh that we didn't "get it" before--it's full of stuff about the repression of the ruling class--"did you see that? How he was repressing me?"

I don't know how Paul found this site, but he did. Now you, too, can be a Holy Grail character! Just take this silly quiz!
Which Holy Grail Character Are You?
I'm the Three Headed Knight. Paul is the Brave Sir Robin. Hibi's King Arthur, and so is Zac. Wow, two monarchs under one roof! That explains a lot of things....

In other (more serious) movie reviews....last night we watched The Long Walk Home. It was amazing. It was about the bus strikes in Montergomery, after Rosa Parks was arrested. It showed the principle that all it takes for evil to continue is for good people to do nothing. A black maid was able to convince her white mistress to do what she knew was right, instead of going with the flow of evil.

2 comments:

Jennifershmoo said...

I'm Brave Sir Robin. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!

Anonymous said...

Merri Xmas and Happy New Year!