Monday, July 25, 2005

Tonight's dinner

We discovered Indian food about two years ago, and have enjoyed eating Indian food in restaurants since then. But I've had limited success making it myself up until tonight. Tonight I made something scrumptious!

I have the book called The Vegetarian Table: India (
http://www.powells.com/biblio/1-0811811441-4). I made Marawadi Mixed Dals, with tomato and cilantro, along with brown basmati rice and homemade chapati. It really hit the spot! Dal is so easy to make--it takes an hour or two to cook, but it's easy. It's basically pea/bean/lentil/legume soup, but it's the glorified version. :-) Mmmm....

Finding new yummy cuisines is so much fun. And Indian food is so vegetarian friendly. Oh, the whole meal was vegan, actually, so Hibi was happy. I did add butter to my portion.

1 comment:

Jennifershmoo said...

Yum!! I love Indian food, especially dahl.