Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Welcome!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth. Welcome to my new blog! I live in San Francisco, and I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while. My friend who blogs here:
http://shmooblog.blogspot.com/
encouraged me to start a blog. So, here I am.

What spurred me on to do it now is that I have vacation pictures to share, and this seemed to be an easy way to share them with family and friends. But if you're not family, or aren't a friend (yet!) you're welcome to view them anyway!

So, a little about me. I'm 36. I am married to a Greek Orthodox priest. I have two great kids, a daughter who is 11 and a son who is 8. You'll see pictures of all of us. We homeschool/unschool, and always have. My interests and hobbies are bread baking (100% whole wheat bread, mind you), vegetarian cooking, reading, soap making, hanging out with my kids (which includes reading great books like Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events with them....what a great time to be able to read children's lit!), and educating each other through life.

I'm new at this, so I won't know all the bells and whistles yet. Maybe never. We'll see. I'll publish thoughts about homeschooling, spirituality, cooking, pacifism, and other deep topics.

I'll publish this, then try to figure out how to post pictures. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Jennifershmoo said...

YAY! Welcome to blogland!

Katrina Gutleben said...

Your blog is wonderful! Your kids rock! I don't know you but I'm sure glad you're blogging! ;)

Katie

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Katie! I sure am having fun so far! :-) I think my kids are pretty great, too.

Melonary said...

Hey, welcome to Blog World! I am a friend of Jennifer and she said to check you out. So I did! I unschool Lisa, 12, and Jackie, 9, in Tri-Cities, WA. And I've been to at least one of "those waterfalls" east of Portland...